+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Improve Frames/Lag of TERA

Lightbulb Improve Frames/Lag of TERA [1/30/13]

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/110...cs-Tweak-Guide Cool info about the .INI file Tweaks and more.

NEW

This settings are useless and only bug/reduce more frames w/o adding quality. Test it and post your changes.

In game change this in: Options > Video > Character quality > character > all left
    ------------------------------"----------"----> Other > Real-time Optimization > all left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=30556

Just go into your Nvidia Control Panel, find Set PhysX Configuration - GPU GTX-xxx

Then Manage 3D Settings -> Add -> Desktop -> Tera online.

Scroll down and find Vertical Sync - Force On
    Triple Buffering - On

Threaded Optimization - On

Trilinear Optimalization - Off

Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample opt... - Off

Power Managment mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames - 3 (UE evolves around DirectX 9 which is recommendation for this to work )

Antialiasing Transparency - Multisample

Antialiasing Setting - 2x

Antialiasing Mode - Override any application settings ( this will use your preset values from the Nvidia Control Panel, rather then the Applications values, allow for advanced controlling )

Anisotropic Filtering - (choose 4x or 8x, 16x doesn't improve detail)

Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias - Allow

SETTING TO TWEAK INSIDE TERA ONLINE

Due to the fact that the game renders stuff below you, and etc. We need to lower render distances. It wont affect almost anything, trust me. Expect increasing your FPS...

PC View Distance - 4
    Distant Environment Detail - 4
    Landscape - 3
    Efect Distance - 3
    Background Distance - 3

Rest maxed out ( just the Distance stuff )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Guide] Game crashes due to Low Memory - heres how to fix it.
    https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=72721

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showth...=70699&page=31

By the way,about the S1 file..i remember from older U3 engine games ( Mass Effect,The Last Remnant etc. ) that there was a APPCOMBAT section at the bottom of S1engine that shows your measured cpu score etc,it looks like this in my Tera S1 Engine file

[AppCompat]
    MeasuredCPUScore=302.218750
    CompatLevelComposite=4
    CompatLevelCPU=5
    CompatLevelGPU=4

Now i remember those games had an additional line below CompatLevelGPU=4,a line that defines how much logical processors you have in your pc.Just to be curious i added it to the bottom,and it may be placebo or not,but Tera seems to feel smoother,i have no idea if this line even has effect but since tera doesnt make good use of multi cores,espec 4 - 8 it might not hurt to add this line to the bottom of your file.The line you need to paste below CompatLevelGPU= in the S1Engine file is.

CPUNumLogicalProcessors=## ( ## For how many cores you have )

So in my file it now looks like

[AppCompat]
    MeasuredCPUScore=302.218750
    CompatLevelComposite=4
    CompatLevelCPU=5
    CompatLevelGPU=4
    CPUNumLogicalProcessors=8

//Dont forget to change the file to Read Only
    8= since i have 8 cores obviously,so if you have a duo cure,you put 2,if you have quad,you put 4.Anyway it's worth a try guys,no harm done.

i found this
    https://forum.tera-europe.com/showth...9924&p=1543471

Quote Originally Posted by Katsudon View Post
    Okay good news guys. So I formatted my hard drive and installed a fresh new copy of Windows. I installed the drivers in my disk and didn't update them. If you're using nVidia, I installed the 295.73 driver for notebook (since I'm using a laptop).

Everything is fine now and running smoothly with or without UI. I'm running the game in 80FPS tops and 40-60FPS in Velika.

Spoiler
    By SunTzuuu

People with Low fps problems please try this fix.

Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA\Client\S1Game\Config" and delete the following files.

S1Editor
    S1EditorUserSettings
    S1Engine
    S1Game
    S1Input
    S1Option
    S1UI

Start your game up so the S1 files get renewed.
    Now use the following ini tweaks.

1.) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA\Client\S1Game\
    2.) Make a backup of the S1Engine file.
    3.) Open up S1Engine
    4.) Press F3 to use the search function to easily find the following lines and change them to the following settings.

UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True<----> UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=False
    Dont change the above line if you have ATI,since i don't know the effects of what will happen with ATI cards,only for Nvidia users.

bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=True <-----> bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False
    (Only for Nvidia )

[Engine.GameEngine] (THIS PART ONLY WORKS IF YOU DONT HAVE "VSYNC FORCE ON" Nvidia USERS)
    bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=32
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120
    ( Your Min - Max FrameRate may be set lower or higher according to what your system is capable of and the fps your have right now.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now close the file,rightclick it,select properties and check the box that says Read Only,press ok and do the same for all other S1 files in that folder so nothing gets changed automatically.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The UI in tera is handled by Autodesk® Scaleform® http://gameware.autodesk.com/scaleform.

Autodesk® Scaleform® enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful and immersive user interface environments for video games and beyond. Used in over 1000 titles across all major platforms ranging from AAA titles to casual games, Scaleform provides a streamlined solution to create hardware-accelerated 3D game menus, HUDs, animated textures, in-game videos and mini-games.

So the UI is being rendered by adobe flash.If your FPS drops like crazy when using the interface,and still does when doing everything i said above to improve your fps,you may try to install Adobe Flash and Adobe ShockWavePlayer,since its confirmed that it fixed atleast one persons fps problem when using the UI.

http://get.adobe.com/nl/flashplayer/

http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After alot of testing i realized that the following lines are not recommended to be used in Tera thus i removed them above.

UseTextureFileCache=FALSE <---> UseTextureFileCache=TRUE
    Increased loading times while increasing fps in some areas,but in most areas i had about 5 - 10fps less,recommended to leave it at default - FALSE

OneFrameThreadLag=True <----> OneFrameThreadLag=False
    Gave me higher fps in unpopulated areas but overall lower fps in populated ares,recommended leave it as default - True

bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=True <-----> bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=False
    Gave me longer loading times on npcs and player after playing for a while,so recommended to leave it at default - False

The other settings are still highly recommended to use,only edited smoothframerate as when it is disabled the fps is indeed higher but stutters,when enabled and just increasing lower - max fps it feels alot smoother,but since everyone has a different system it's really up to you to find the best low - max fps setting.Check ingame what your lowest and highest fps are,and change the settings according to this.

Extra tweaks. - USE AT OWN RISK -
    -------------------------------------
    CoreParking:

Windows 7 is known to use a feature called "Core-Parking",wich has a negative impact on cpu's with multiple cores ( wich everyone has these days ) some CPU cores will be "turned off" / "parked" depending on load and they will be dynamically turned on or off and dynamically loaded up or down as the system deems necessary - the scope for glitches / pops / clicks / dropouts in such an environment is simply enormous.Its obvious that a feature like this is a power saving feature,and power saving features are always performance decreasing.

The Fix:

Google "UnparkCPU" is a program to unpark ur cores.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    NetWorkThrottling:

One of the most frequent complains about Windows Vista is the Multimedia Class Scheduler (MCS). The is an enabled-by-default component in Windows that prioritises multimedia applications and tasks such as video and music playback (hence, improving your multimedia experience).

However, when multimedia tasks are active (most notably if Windows Media Player is active), MCS will throttle down the global network bandwidth to around 10,000 packets per second to conserve CPU interrupts. On high speed links like Gigabit Ethernet (without Jumbo Packets), the throttling may yield a significant drop in network throughput.

In Vista SP1, Microsoft added the ability to change the packet per second limit of the MCS, or completely disable it. If you’re still using Vista RTM, you’re out of luck. The following procedures work with all new Microsoft operating systems, be it Vista SPx or Windows 7.

Here’s how:

1. Press Windows key and R simultaneously.

2. Enter “regedit” (without the quotation marks) and press enter.

3. Using the tree on your left, navigate to the following branch:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\ Multimedia\SystemProfile

4. Double click on “NetworkThrottlingIndex“.

5. To disable completely, enter FFFFFF with base hexadecimal.

Effect,this will lower your ping in most multiplayer games,make it more stable and give less spikes.

Originally Posted by Alizah View Post
    Oki try this out : https://www.sapphireselectclub.com/ssc/TriXX/TriXX.aspx
    download the 4.3 one, set your card clock to 705 and memory to 1000. You will barely overclock your card (just 5 mhz) and you will make sure it will not reset to 400 or 500 or whatever when you see a flash video, like youtube stuff Not sure this will fix everything but you should see improved fps in most games just by this, it is a stupid bug "

is the one that the amd clock tool is replacing as it does not solve the downloack bug that happens to 5870 GPUS (both can oc but the sapphire still can't make sure the clocks stay up when you use a flash app, like youtube etc). The other bigger thread you replaced (by mistake I assume) though might be important to keep(i think i will post it in the US too). It talks about people that overclock the CPU with software (I use setfsb) and what it does to windows timer function. Many mobile users do not have the options in their bios to do a normal cpu OC so they use software . Thanks and good night hope your thread will help some people. I will keep posting as well if I find more stuff.

Tldr: important to keep (imo) amd clock tool utility and the windows timer function and its implications with tera's ui.

Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntingBard View Post
    I've been toying around with some settings and I've found something that works decent.
    I still notice the FPS drop after a while but it's much less and my CPU and GPU are being used.

Anyway if you want to try it make a back up of your ini file.

First off all: Put any kind of power saving features off in your bios, also don't use any software that does anything like that.
    Clocked my core I7 to 4.7 GHZ and noticed it kept being used.

These are the settings that work for me at the moment:
    Note: I use the new Nvidia beter drivers, it works a bit better for me but yeah it's beta.

Go to Tera/client/S1game/config/S1engine.

Now keep BsmoothFrate on and change the min smooth to somewhere between 40 and 60 depending on your rig.
    I've tried 50 and 60 and 50 seems to be better.
    I've put it off myself and actually noticed a positive change when putting it on again and increasing the min smoothframerate.

[Engine.GameEngine]
    bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=60
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

Change these setting if you are using a nvidia card.

Right click s1Engine and put it on read only.

Once in Tera set Real-time optimization to 0.
    Also use Windowed full screen mode

Since these changes I've not encountered the 'stoke effect' where Tera would hit 10 FPS.
    How ever I still notice a decrease in performance after 4-5 hours, but it isn't as bad.

Let me know if this works for any one.

Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by maxver View Post
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager03.html <- Settings of flash player
    http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/ <- Some info and guides about shockweave i guess.
    I read that someone recommended to install new video codes (ex. k-lite ) when they have issues with flash player will check later on.

edit: Installed new K-lite codes 8.7.0 and:
    1. Make limit to 10MB http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager03.html
    2. ADDED folder with TERA http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager04.html

Now I no longer have 'lag/delay' while opening skills inventory or options. Anyway friends from my guild told me that there was some update around 2MB but i didn't saw any update on my launcher ;O
    Last edited by Divine; 07-12-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: update [1/30/13]

Soldier Bee - earned Medal of Valor

Hm, I'm trying this. I'll test it tomorrow and see how it does.

Nice I guess that will help some people.

Bee Reserve - MIA

Im gonna check this out as soon as I get home from work , highly useful information!
    -- Effectz LVL 60 Warrior

-- Working on a new alt SOON, possibly to keep as a gold farmer, pure gap grind leveling, Priest maybe.

Still ppls are complaining about TERA bugs with memory and more stuffs like that. One of the most heavy bugs is the GUI, eating like 50 frames when is on (test it by yourself CTRL+Z to turn it off and look again ur frames)

Bee Reserve - MIA

the wall of text is too large for my ADD, ill just get a better computer

Quote Originally Posted by kokora View Post
    the wall of text is too large for my ADD, ill just get a better computer
    Getting a better comp will not change anything, this is why ppl are QQ about. They need to improve the code between GUI and graphics, cuz the GUI it is eating almost all your frames.

Btw i dont know ur pc Build.
    Last edited by Divine; 06-04-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Bee Reserve - MIA

Nice!

Killer Bee - TERA Stinger Lord. 4/7/12 TERA Champion, earned Medal of Valor.

Divine I've tried this, and though its not a complete fix, it certainly boost quite a chunk of fps.
    My hat off to you, you've made Tera enjoyable again!

Quote Originally Posted by NuLL View Post
    Divine I've tried this, and though its not a complete fix, it certainly boost quite a chunk of fps.
    My hat off to you, you've made Tera enjoyable again!
    Yea, is not a full TERA fix, but it is some basic changes to get less problems. I've been reading and Enmasse will try to focus on fix this GUI bug who is eating all our frames to play well and the leak memory on his executable.

You are welcome, i like to do this kind of research. I did the same with WoW.
    Last edited by Divine; 06-05-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Soldier Bee - Former GW2 QuarterMaster.

Heh, my frame rate was only bad in nexus and tbh I doubt anything will fix that. /sadface.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashiookami View Post
    Heh, my frame rate was only bad in nexus and tbh I doubt anything will fix that. /sadface.
    This Info Fixed my Lag spike problems and the GUI lag with Flash player and shockwave, and i had cool frames too, now it is better than before.

Naxus lag cuz the players. I think only WoW has the support to have alot of players in 1 point, i miss that XD.

Bee Reserve - MIA

Wow very nice, although I have never lagged in Tera except Nexus I am sure this will help a bunch of people, great work!

Soldier Bee - Former GW2 QuarterMaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    This Info Fixed my Lag spike problems and the GUI lag with Flash player and shockwave, and i had cool frames too, now it is better than before.

Naxus lag cuz the players. I think only WoW has the support to have alot of players in 1 point, i miss that XD.
    Agreed I also find myself missing WoW pvp - now thats sad.

Soldier Bee

WOW those are nice. I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the dumb video clips (yes hitting escape it too much trouble). To simply skip those and go right to the character selection.
    Intel Core i5-3570K Clocked to 4.6 but can't go higher because of the heat. I need to move to water cooling. (Hate the UI bug with AMD)
    ASRock Z77 Extreme6/TB4
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)
    EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
    Five hard drives for Fraps and stuff.

Bee Reserve - MIA

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    Still ppls are complaining about TERA bugs with memory and more stuffs like that. One of the most heavy bugs is the GUI, eating like 50 frames when is on (test it by yourself CTRL+Z to turn it off and look again ur frames)
    I noticed this when nexus came out. I turned off the GUI and boy does Nexus run smoother. granted it's not great, but much improved over when the GUI is there. So as long as you pop it back on to check your health and remember all your attack keys this is a very viable solution for people, I know it helped me.

Also another interesting fact, I have my desktop that's running a Phenom II 955 BE @ 3.94, RAM at ~1500 (with timings for 1333), and a GTX 465 @ 800 core clock. I know my system, I've had it for a while and I know how it runs things so to see it perform so poorly in Tera (about 30 fps maxed) I was surprised.

Now here comes the interesting part, I have a gaming laptop that has an i7 first gen (720 or some such). Clocked at 1.6 with ability to boost one core to 2.8. It has an HD 5870 (the ony that only has 128bit memoy bandwidth not 256bit like the good 5870's with cypress core). The laptop runs Tera as good as the desktop, even though the specs are far inferior.
    Now here's the catch the laptop for whatever reason doesn't like new drivers (bluescreens when I try to put new graphics drivers on it), so it's running drivers from 2009.

My desktop has the latest drivers.

I hope that they can work out some of these issues pretty soon, because knowing that there's not much I can do to inrease performance is demoralizing. Some have told me new CPU, but the main thread Tera uses when I'm playing never gets close to being maxed out. So I truly don't believe it to be my somewhat aging hardware.

Bee Reserve - MIA

Quote Originally Posted by DXMage View Post
    WOW those are nice. I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the dumb video clips (yes hitting escape it too much trouble). To simply skip those and go right to the character selection.
    The only suggestion I've seen is to remove those video files from the folder and create empty stubs in their place. I thought about doing it, but being too lazy to hit escape when I log in also means I'm too lazy to mess around with all that junk.

Bee Reserve - MIA

This did increase my FPS by a little bit. Thank you

updated

Soldier Bee

What part did you update?
    Intel Core i5-3570K Clocked to 4.6 but can't go higher because of the heat. I need to move to water cooling. (Hate the UI bug with AMD)
    ASRock Z77 Extreme6/TB4
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)
    EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
    Five hard drives for Fraps and stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information